Saturday, February 28, 2009

Savage Ninja Turtles

So we played my Savage Ninja Turtles game today with my son and Allen's boys and nephew. So we had the 4 Turtles and Al played Splinter. I ran three scenes in about 3 hours (with a 15 minute break for pizza about half way through). The kids played very well. We used the full Savage Rules and they had no problems with it. Here are a few photos of the game I took.

Scene one: Central Park, Skate boarding park
Kids were being bullied into joining a "gang". The gang was recruiting for the Foot clan!

Scene Two: A warehouse where street kids are being trained to be Foot Ninja. The Turtles shut it down!



Leo's in a bit of trouble below as 5 of the Foot clan surround him!



Scene three: An abandoned pump station where the evil Shredder is planning to dump toxic goo into the drinking water of New York City!


s

And the Turtles win the day! Derek had the winning shot on Shredder doing 40 points of damage to take him out Savage Style!! And a good time was had by all.

4 comments:

sabr said...

Sounds like the game went over very well. I can't wait for my boy(s) to be old enough to play. I am most impressed by the terrain you were able to put on the table for the game. It is an area where I am not terribly inventive. What did you use for the pump station?

Dan Eastwood said...

The is nice. I'm guessing the pump station might be a piece of Styrofoam packing for a TV set or monitor. The smaller props (crates and barrels) are nice too.

DerelictMan said...

Wow, what lucky kids. At that age I would have been in heaven. Well done!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments! Yeah the pump station started life as a piece of styrofoam. It's actually a part of a much larger board with lots more detail for a Runepunk game I ran but I threw it on the table for the TMNT game.