Monday, August 27, 2007

Rippers: Hydes


The first few times we played Rippers it was apparent that the "bad guys" from the GM's section were underpowered. Especially against 6 Seasoned player characters. So I beefed most of them up. Here is my version of a Hyde. Also, to keep players from just taking "injections" and becoming Hydes themselves, I had my versions have implants of glands that would secrete the formula so they could "Hulk out" for combat but sneak around as normal joes.

Also, it doesn't make much sense that the Hydes from the Rippers book have Improved Nerves of Steel if they aren't Wild Cards. So I made all my Hydes Wild Cards.

I rebased the Heroclix version (left) of Mr Hyde on 1.250" washers that I painted flat black. They look pretty good.

Hyde Hybrid (WC)

Human

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8

Skills: Fighting d6, Guts d6, Notice d6, Shooting d6, Stealth d6

Charisma: -2, Pace: 6, Parry: 6, Toughness: 7

Edges: Brawny, Combat Reflexes, Two Fisted

Hindrances: Mean

Equipment: Pistol, Knife


Special Abilities:

Shape Change: On a successful Vigor roll the "human" becomes a Hyde. This takes a full round and no other actions may be performed.


Hyde Form

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12

Skills: Fighting d8, Guts d6, Intimidation d6+1, Notice d4, Stealth d4

Charisma: -6, Pace: 7, Parry: 6, Toughness: 10


Edges:
Brawny, Combat Reflexes, Improved Nerves of Steel, Two Fisted

Hindrances: Bloodthirsty, Mean

Special Abilities:

Fists: d12+d6+2

Size +1

No comments: